2.11.08

Tokyo's clubbin'

Actually I was already planning of talking about it, but Moi specifically asked that I talk about it so more excuse doing so. Just take notice that this post could be really drunk. Cause I’m drunk and when I’m drunk I really like to tell a lot of thing without any good reasons. SO just like the last sentence, this post could turn out to be really long for no good reason. Myself, drunk in all it could bring.

So Japanese clubbing or what I like to say, going into wonderland. Alice can get herself fuck in the ass; she’s not alone in the house anymore. So forgive me if my language is harsh, but I’m starting this post when I actually came back from clubbing not long ago. So still fairly drunk. I like to write when I’m drunk... Don’t know why and probably will never know but still really like it. So yes it’s gonna be dirtier than usual, more trash talking, more sexual contents and more... of anything that may relate to be being drunk in Japan.

Ok I already said that I hate Japan for turning me into alcoholic, and if you think I’m joking just think about it. Cause I actually get withdrawal if I don’t drink every two days... and still not joking. Don’t laugh... really don’t. Just joking. But I sure drink a lot here. In convenient stores the beer is so cheap. But remember, in bar, alcohol is actually really high priced for some reasons. So before even talking about clubbin in Japan, just take note that you should always get warmed up at your apartment, or wherever that you may stay. For the same price of one small beer in clubs you can get almost 1 litter of beer in any convenient store. I’m still fairly restricting myself on these numbers cause I’m drunk so reality tend to be distorted.

Alcohol: Hiding the truth from people since.... well a really long time. Thanks to the priest in the mountains a long ago for discovering that.

So anyway, keep in mind that for me it cost me at least 10 000¥ for me to get drunk in a bar. Which correspond to more or less 100 Canadian bucks. So warm up before you go out. Always warm up. Cause even beer is high priced. Maybe it’s the club I went to, but that would mean that ten different club we’re really high priced for no reasons. So I do believe that the alcohol is just high priced everywhere.

Ok. That said you’re ready for the night of your life. Still... Just keep in your mind that I’m a gothic, and a metal head to the core. Where I come from, if you go in like a hip-hop bar and you’re a metalhead you’re gonna get a lot of problems. SO a lot of stuff here is new to me. Maybe it’s different where you from, but for me it is what it is. So since I’m a goth, a drink a lot, never dance and never sing. It’s not gothic to dance. What can I say? I’m a whore to my style. Beat me!

But here, whoever you are, whatever music you listen and no matter what you look like you just go wherever you want and you’re always welcome. I’m used to getting these strange half scared half defiant look when I go in hip-hop bar in Quebec. Here, they don’t care and that’s good. Cause if you want to dance, Death or Black metal is not good for dancing. So go everywhere you want you’re gonna be welcomed and even more interesting you actually get good reaction when you’re a gaijin going out. I don’t know why, but in the streets, everyday, people don’t like me. But in club there is always girls, and even guys, that would take time to dance with me cause they find it funny to see a foreigner amongst them. I still prefer when Japanese women dance with me, but they guy are a lot of fun too. And, like I said, I never get this kind of welcomed reaction anywhere else aside from club and bars. So that’s a really good thing. And that’s why I go clubbing every week-end. Clubbing is nothing I never do in Quebec. Maybe when I’ll come back I’ll start to do it, but I doubt it. Wouldn’t get the same feeling I guess. Here I feel like I can let it all goes out for some reasons. In Quebec I often feel sequestrated. So basically if you go you’re welcome. Of course some people don’t like if you’re Caucasian. And they show it, but don’t actually bother you with it. Asian foreigner has it a bit easier.

So, in Tokyo, so far, there are three places you want to go. Maybe more but I don’t know as now. First Shinjiku. Ok... If you go to Shinjuku you have to expect more bad reactions and I mean really bad. Shinjuku is the ward ruled by yakusas. And Yakusas don’t like foreigners. But really not. If you have read or seen Ichi the Killer. This manga take place in Shinjuku. Everything there belongs to Yakusas. But it’s the best place to go for nude dancers, guys or girls. But if you are obviously a foreigner, expect to be followed by two or more guys. They are yakusas and unlike mafia or triads, yakusas don’t hide. You see them in Shinjuku and you know they are Yakusas without a doubt. Actually nothing bad gonna happen to you. They are just making sure you don’t start any shit. And I understand why. Cause the Tokyo police actually make it so yakusas would concentrate in Shinjuku. That way they can have it easier with them. If they have to deal with yakusas they go to Shinjuku. And the yakusas, since they know they are checked by the police, don’t want any problems. And since foreigners usually mean trouble, they check them. So don’t worry, nothing bad will happen to you, they just make sure you’re clean. You can wonder around as much as you want, but you’ll have to get in a bar sooner or later or else they will ask you to go somewhere else. Shinjuku also got a lot of Japanese only bars. You can see often, post telling that gaijin are not allowed. Honestly, and believe me on that, don’t try your luck on it cause they are quick to react if you’re a gaijin. Even if you look asian, if you are not Japanese just don’t try, it’s gonna be better for everyone. For you, for the people there and mostly better for the yakusas that don’t want to see you there. Like I said you won’t have any problems, but they’re going to ask you politely to leave the place, something you better do. Aside from that, if you want to see naked Japanese girls dancing please go there it’s the paradise. But keep in mind that since Shinjuku is near to government office you don’t want to get wasted there cause it’s actually even higher priced then everywhere else. You go there to drink a beer and see a girl, or man, dance. If you want to get so drunk that you can’t remember your name go somewhere else cause it gonna cost you a lot.

Second, comes Roppongi. I really don’t like Roppongi. It’s not that bad. But Roppongi is like a smaller Shibuya for foreigners and tourists. And I really don’t like gaijins in bars. They tend to be loud, annoying and obnoxious. SO I tend to dodge this ward. But actually a lot of my friends here go there and they like it cause they can meet lot of different people. In one bar in Roppongi you’ll meet people from USA, Canada Australia, Norway, Sweden, France, Africa, Egypt, Brazil and Singapore. If you want to see people from elsewhere it’s a good place. The prices are not that bad, but still high priced. I don’t like it, but it doesn’t mean it’s a bad place. But you know, I’m not visiting Japan to see other foreigners. But if you’re anxious you may get a bad reaction or something. Go to Roppongi, you’re gonna be okay there. People are usually nice. Japanese that goes there are used to seeing a lot of foreigners and I’ll bet my hand that the Japanese girls going there actually hope to get picked by foreigners. I can’t guarantee it, but it wouldn’t surprise me. So guys you want those kawaii Japanese girls go to Roppongi.

Third comes Shibuya. I love Shibuya. I wish I had something less Cliché to say, but Shibuya is great. If you go there with a lot of people just make sure everyone knows where you’re going cause it’s easy to get lost amongst the crowd there. And by easy I mean that it’s going to happen. So many people there. There is a band from France that actually said that Shibuya is like a complete Tokyo Emulation. There are right. Shibuya is the heart of Tokyo. Wanna know what Tokyo is like? Shibuya gonna show and tells you everything you need to get a good first feeling. Less foreigners than Roppongi but still a lot so you won’t get weird look like in Shinjuku but still people doesn’t react as good as in Roppongi. That’s why I like Shibuya. In Shibuya clubs are like the middle of Roppongi and Shinjuku. But you won’t get topless dancer in Shibuya or if there’s any I didn’t see them. They are very well hidden. But aside from that you’ll find everything to your taste there. Except Metal bar. I’ve been searching for metal heads and metal bars since I’m here and they are really hard to find. So depending on how you feel there’s two kinds of clubs. Those you have to pay to enter and those you don’t have to. If you pay, you’re free to do whatever you like inside. Those you don’t pay they will harass you to buy drink. By harassing I mean that every 15 minutes waiters will come to you and say: Buy drink or get out! Actually last time I went out I was so tired of it that I said the guys to go fuck himself. But since he didn’t understand French, I finally just said no. 5 minutes later the bouncer, not the waiter, but the bouncer came to me to say: Buy a drink or get out! Holy crap! Guess I have no choice. Happy that canucks are really good drinker for once. But in Shibuya you get two basics reaction from Japanese. Those who looks really disgusted by your presence and those you actually find it cool that you are there. Luckily the second one you’ll get more often. And actually, I will say, Girls, Shibuya is your hitting place. As much I would like to say that guys have it easy, girls it’s even easier for you. Every time I went clubbing it was hard to find a foreigners girls alone. Maybe it doesn’t show, but girls, if you’re obviously a gaijin Japanese men likes you. Sorry Shinka, congratulation Moi. And even if you don’t want to actually bring a guy in your bed for the night, girls are sure to get more than one dancing partner for the night. I wish it would be that easy for men, but it is not. Japanese girls seem to be scared of me, maybe cause of my style, I was able to dance with Japanese girls, but you could tell that they were a bit suspicious.

Aside from that, any ward got there bars you can go. I won’t say you’ll get a good reaction, but you can go without any problems. Just promise me that you won’t look like those annoying foreigners that think they can do anything since they’re not in their countries and everything should be fine.

Also in every populated ward you may find girls telling you that they do massage. Do I have to extend on that or you do understand what that means? So if you’re in that kind of thing, go see them, cause in the opposite of Quebec, prostitute here actually look good. They still look like prostitute, but look better than my hometown. But most of them actually just tell that they are offering massages.... and will add on the side, literally what they say: “Sex okay!” I really love that when they say it, its sounds so funny. I feel like meetings that Korean girls in Full Metal Jacket that tells: “Me love you long time.” So funny.

If you’re going to bar and want to get a girl. Go to her. Girls in Japan won’t come to you; you have to go to them. Doesn’t mean that you will get them or they will say yes. But if you don’t go to them there’s no chance you’ll get them. All the people here I know could get girl if they tried. And, it’s same in my country, but here you get the girl, pay the hotel, fuck her and never call her back. I know some countries are more used of dating three r four times before getting to the serious things. Not here. Mostly, if you don’t get the girl in the same night you met her you won’t get her later. So you have to go for the sure shot if you want to make it to the bed. And keep in mind that Japanese girls tend to be dominated in bed. Not in a BDSM way, mind you. But usually the man takes the lead. Keep it in mind, cause I know from a good source that if you wait for the girl to do something you’re gonna be disappointing. And apparently, girls in Japan don’t like it rough. You have to go in a kind of middle. Too soft is like sex for gay, too rough gonna waste you. So you just have to find the middle and you should get a good score at the end of the night. And like everywhere in the world if a girl was happy by you performance in the bed one night there’s more chance for you to get her friends.

Girls to get men, you have to looked interested. GO to them but don’t ask them outright, they don’t like it. In fact if the girls take the lead they feel emasculated. So Go to them, but make it look like they have control of the situation or they will be sacred. But it should be fairly easy, cause like I said, Japanese men really digs gaijins, maybe more than Japanese girls digs gaijins men. So don’t worry, if you won’t to get one in your bed, I think it’s easy. But like I said don’t make it like you took the lead cause they don’t like it, even in the bed. Don’t ask how I know that, I just know. You have to be more dominated than dominating. Actually talked with some Japanese guys that did have sex with foreigners and they actually don’t like the way most occidentals’ women take the lead in bed. In fact they hate it cause they feel like they’re not man anymore. Which is really sad cause they’re nothing better than a girl which whom you can compete to get the lead in the bed. But in Japan if you do that, apparently, Japanese will just bow down and feel completely and utterly emasculated. So it’s really boring for you, but you have to listen more to the guy and be active but not too much. Cause the same as for guy apply. If one guy tells his friends you’re a good hit, there’s more chance to hit on the friends. Of course it depends of the guys you got. I heard from girls at school that some are really wild and are worth it. It’s for you to see. I don’t often have sex with men, which mean that I never had sex with a man, so I can’t tell. I’m just getting the basics here, from what I’ve heard from the girl at school. And, without any vanity, I usually get really close to girls so I hear a lot. In fact, I would say that what I said for girls here is to be taken more seriously then what I said for men before. I in my case, I'm not the kind of guy to pick on girls in bars. So I got a lot of testimony from men, but even more from women.

Alcohol.
I said it already and I won’t say it enough, alcohol his over-priced in clubs and bars. So it gonna cost you a lot. And keep in mind that if you ask for something like whisky they often water it down. And I mean, by waterin down, not just put water in it cause it would look like you have more, but do it cause Japanese drink it that way. Actually had a Japanese girl tries plain whisky and just with dipping her lips in it she found it too strong. And when I drank it in one gulp she went like: “SUGOI! (amazing!) How can you do that?!?” I find it disgusting. I realise now that Japanese people that like strong beverage. So if you order a strong alcohol make sure the barman or barmaid understood that you want only whisky, or cognac, or tequila or sake. Make sure it is not watered down cause it taste like shit. Well that’s my opinion as a Canadian who drinks a lot of strong alcohol. If you like it that way, it’s fine. I won’t judge you, Jesus gonna make it for me when you die. But for all the other, I’m deadly serious, make sure the barman understood what you want cause you’re gonna regret it. Cause they don’t just put “some” water in it, but almost pour four times more water than the actual alcohol. Even asking for something “on the rock” is dangerous sometime.

So the important parts said. Now just blow your brain out on the dancing floor. Japanese like to dance, and actually they are very lame dancers. But does like it. So whoever you are and whatever you like for music, just don’t give a damn and go to the dance floor. And it is a fact that people in club dancing just for the fun actually get more partner than people actually dancing to hit on others. So just enjoy yourself. Even if you don’t dance or drink, just take time to do it cause anyway you’re in a different country. No one gonna remember if you dance like a palsy victim. I mean I’m really a bad dancer. But just to get this feeling of other people that says that they give a damn actually is cool.

I’m just repeating myself. But just enjoy your time here cause even if you stay there from 9 in the evening till 5 am in the morning, it’s gonna be too short. I don’t know why but I really like clubbing here. If it wasn’t for school I would go out every night just to find myself on the dance floors and enjoy myself. Being surrounded with the people who actually seem happy to see a gaijins there. People will dance with you, mean or women. And if they don’t look to want to do it, you can join easily almost any group without any problems. I would say that just don’t force it to the point where you’re tagging along all night. But the will enjoy having you with them for 30 minutes are so. But... but... but. So unfair for us, but men, out there in the Japanese wilderness, you are to them like evil predators waiting for the moments to pounce. Japanese are more suspicious of foreigners’ men than foreigners’ women. It’s the burden we must endure. But don’t worry you should find easily a dancing partner in the loneliness of the night. Except if you are a total jerk that think that dancing is just staying in the back while moving your head back and forth. If you want any chances of having a dancing partner just go to the fuckin dancing floor. If you stay in the back or hug the wall they girls won’t come for you, do hit this fuckin dance floor and you’ll get the time of your life. Don’t care if you feel stupid or ridiculous cause Japanese don’t care, just hit it. Even if you don’t like the music. Just get yourself drunk enough to do it. I’m really not the one to dance. So if I can do it and enjoy myself you can do it for sure. If you can’t, get the fuck out of there cause you’re a total looser that probably won’t never get anything in your life. Grow yourself some balls, put aside your pride and hit the dance floor already. If you don’t, don’t come to me whining cause you didn’t get any girl cause you won’t get any by staying in the back moving your head back and forth you stupid dumbass.

SO I guess I covered the important parts. Any questions just ask. As for the rest of the night. HIT THIS FUCKIN DANCE FLOOR YOU LOOSER.

Cya.

P.S.: Actually wrote the whole message completely drunk. First time I do it. Usually I have to make a pause. So to celebrate this there is a small clip of a Japanese club last week. It is taken on my cell phone cause I didn’t have the right to use my camera. So turns off your pc speakers before playing it. I mean it. The sound is really bad, worst than the image in fact, which should tell a lot considering it comes from a cell phone. It was taken at the Atom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!!! I'm so going clubbing in Japan. Screw my shyness, I'll jut get drunk XD.

But man, what a dissapointment, I figured women would dig gaijins as well, sucks.....

Oh well, I'll just ger over my self and try and hit on them, after I consumed a suitable amount of alcohol XD.

Man, I'm excited now, seriously, I want to go!!!!! So freaking cool

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask, what do you have to say/do in order to approach and start hitting on a japanesse girl?

I'm not used to hitting on girls since I'm WAY too shy, and I've been lucky enough to get hit on, but I guess that "tactic" won't work there XD.

Thanks!

The One and Only Moi said...

LOl... they do the same thing here. Warming up before they go clubbing. Me personally, I don't drink, but I hear alcohol is also very cheap here. I think a 12 pack of vodka cruiser was around $12 - $14 USD. But then, it depends on the exchange rate with the USD which is kinda... unstable right now. Oh, and beer is supposed to be WAAY cheaper than vodka cruiser. So... yeah.

And we don't have club-types (not from what I've heard). So no one says get out cause of what you're wearing. It's just get out, you're too drunk to enter or you don't have proper ID. There are a couple more dangerous ones, and there is one that mostly old people go to, so young people avoid it. And... a lot of people dance at the clubs. Theres very few of them sitting around at the corner. And only then, when they need to take a break from the dance floor (usually). The only other difference is that here, a few people can really dance. Like properly. But they're very few.

And good thing you blogged about the yakuza in Shinjuku. I'll make a mental note not to look scary over there. (It's my hobby since I'm a little bit anti-social) Shibuya.. I think I remember reading somewhere that it was good for shopping. But the whole Japanese men like gaijin girls is kinda sad news though. I might have mentioned a couple of times, but I'm anti-relationship. But the part of where you have to look interested is good. If we look disinterested, everything should be fine then. :) YAY!!!